Friday, December 09, 2005

Drive...

Went for a drive today. Somehow while you drive, you feel you are headed somewhere and there will always be the sense of anticipation when you think about the destination that you are heading towards.

As for me, I ended up somehow back in my old university hall. Raffles Hall..

I walked down the steps and as I turned round the bend, I looked up and I can see my old room where I spent my last year in Uni.....

The memories just came crashing back as if it was just yesterday and strangely enough I felt as if I was really back to the time when I was staying there. Surrounded by friends and familiar faces....

I walked to the old public phone area in block 5, where we used to scream at the top of our lungs for people to come answer their phonecalls.

The wall around the telephone still bears a lot of familiar scribblings of my friends' "achievements" and "advertisements"....I was happy they were still around......somethings should remain as they are....

The faces I knew, are no longer around but yet, the soul of this place still remembers me and us..and welcomes me back to its surroundings....showing me how it was when I used to call this place home all over again......

No comments: