Thursday, April 20, 2006

Lots Of Voluntary Effort

I have been a tad lazy to blog much these days but I did come across this story from one of my friend....

So here goes... :-

Story of My Friend

One morning when my friend's father was driving her to school, she asked her father "Dad, what is love?". Being the cool dad that he was, he answered her matter-of-factly without taking his eyes off the road,

"Love... is lots of voluntary effort. L.O.V.E. Lots of voluntary effort lah."
"That's all? Love explains itself?"
"Yeah. Simple. When you love someone, it's a commitment to volunteer. You volunteer to make that person happy, to keep that person from harm, to have that person's best interests at heart, to share dreams or build a life together... That's why love is different from like. Understand ah?"
"Hmmm... I think so."
"Good."

So there we have it folks!........and so many brain cells have to die before we understand that! :)

No comments: