Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Storm Of The Year!!

Last night, while I was deep in slumber, flitting about in the land of dreams -(dreaming that I was piloting my giant robot and taking on Godzilla!!!), I was rudely woken up by a blinding light that pierced through the shrouds of my inner consciousness. I thought at that time it was Godzilla shooting his powderful spine death ray at me!!!! But it was not!!

After the dust seem to have settled, I struggled to open my eyes and sieze on to the waking world. To catch a glimpse of all the racket and flashes that went on outside my window and wonder if it was indeed just a dream. The loud bangs of thunder and lightning raged on with an intensity to which I have never witnessed before. There was neither Godzilla nor my giant robot, but a freaky thunderstorm!!at 5am!!

It was the storm of the year and it was indeed one of the freakiest thunder storm that I have ever experienced. The intensity and frequency of the lightning and thunder is very intense. It was as if Singapore was under heavy aerial bombardment!!! or being attacked by Martians!!!

When the thought of martians came into my mind, I start to freak myself out!! And the safest haven that I could think of to protect myself from the uncertain event outside my room, was, my comforter!!

The one hit that freaked me out the most while I was cowering under my sheets was the one that hit across my window at a tree!! The sound is like none that I have ever heard before! and the flash lit up my room like a million watts!! It was freaky as heck!! And somehow, I managed to seek asylum back in my dream world...and before long...I was gone....only to be greeted 2 hours later by the beeping sound of my phone alarm....sighs......back to the grind...again.....

Damm, being woken up with such a BANG! and getting all excited in the middle of my slumber is not conducive for a normal work day!! And not to mention, now I will never know the outcome of my deathmatch between me and Godzilla!!! :(

No comments: