Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Frankfurt Airport

On a recent trip to Geneva, I had for the first time, the unfortunate experience of missing my connecting flight and hence, having to stay overnight at the Frankfurt airport hotel. 

The airlines took care of it and even gave me vouchers for a feast of a dinner and a very decent breakfast. Knowing me, it is a waste as I hardly eat breakfast. Furthermore, at 5am the next morning, the restaurant wasn't even open.

The hotel I stayed in was pretty decent, its clean and very efficient. The thing I noticed is, how many of the people I saw was in similar situation like me. I doubt anyone would want to stay in this hotel which is at the airport. Everyone I see looked tired and frustrated just like I am after having been in the plane for 12 hrs and now, have to be stuck in transit for another 4-5 hrs of hardly any rest and the thought of waking up at 430am in the morning and heading back to long queues the next morning and security check is NOT appealing. 


No comments: