Thursday, January 28, 2010

Connections / It's a small world after all.

Here I was, sitting at the bar counter in a little french restaurant called Telluride somewhere in New England. Minding my business talking to my colleague over red wine and good food, the man who sat to my right suddenly said to me " Are you guys in shipping?".

Apparently he had heard me mention something about the types of ships used to ferry goods around the world, as my colleague had asked me about earlier. We turned to him and told him yes and no. We were grain traders. Boring business dealing in trading and shipping grains like wheat and corn from one country to the other across the great oceans both Atlantic and Pacific.

He however, worked for a ship owner that specializes in shipping chemicals and clean fuels. That's where the first connection came. Upon further chit chat, I later found out that he was in Singapore a month back and stayed there for 6 months. That's the second connection.

What's even weirder is, he worked for the same company with the husband of one of my friend.
This complete stranger. At the french restaurant and by blind fate sat beside me, been to Singapore and worked with the husband of my friend. That's the third connection.

Okay, now, how do I make these into numbers so that I can probably buy the NY Jackpot. Hear it's close to USD 100 over mil now in prize money. Or maybe that's not what it is about...heh, the money bit.

But don't you think it is weird? Coincidence? Or is there really such a thing called coincidence.
Maybe our world and the world outside is not that big after all. We are all connected somehow in this little biosphere called Earth.


No comments: