Monday, September 12, 2005

GODZILLA 2005!!! Part Deux



Finally I am now walking amongst the people who have seen and ran from the creature -GOJIRA!! I look to my left and look to my right, everyone seems to the their usual self. Men in suit despite the sweltering heat and humidity of summer and the women in their high heels with skirts or dressees, trudge through the human sardine pack as if nothing had happened.

It seems as if the trauma from the creature's attack had never existed!!! Amazing!!! The resilience of these people who have been through hell and back when GOJIRA attacked Japan and plucked the Tokyo Tower of its foundation as if it were a toothpick is amazing!!!

I noticed one thing about Japan, they now have an extensive network of subways, trains and even the Shinkansen!! (Bullet-O Train-O!). As I tried my very best to stare at and study the colorful spaghetti of a metro/subway chart, all I can make out of in the end is the picture of a naked Mr Miyagi from Karate Kid!! Eeeeeeeew!!!!!!

I also think the reason why the urban transportation and underground system is so extensive, is because to facilitate the evacuation of the people during an attack by Monsters. As they have learnt from film records in the past, the running and the screaming don't really save lives..... STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! EEEEKSSSS! "KER-PLASH".....dead......

Besides the Typhoon, Japan always faced monster attacks which you will never see or hear mentioned of course in the travel brochure...but trust me, the monsters love to hantam (whack) Japan somehow...And speaking again of the Typhoon, my Japanese friend told me that Typhoon No.14 does not denote the strength of the typhoon but the number of typhoon Japan encountered thus far....whew.....

My eyeballs by the time are seeing a lot of Little TwinStars hence I decided I need to stare at some really refreshing greenery and I saw the above nice green patches...untouched and un-destroyed by Ultraman or GOJIRA.

Speaking of Ultraman, I didn't really get to see him coz maybe it was raining most of the time
when I was there and U know Ultraman-la, he needs the power of the sun to charge him up to stay on Earth. Furthermore, even he appears, he cannot last being on Earth for more than 5 mins so.....sheeesh....moral of the story, u gotta be at the right place at the right time...!!

As I continued on my journey, I can see a lot of signs and where it could have been either caused by GOJIRA or by some other being on the building walls and structure of the buildings. There seem to be a lot of band aids with colorful pictures and ads plastered on the walls of the buildings. This is probably done to hide the battle scars of the monster attacks!! My nose tells me to follow them and follow them I did and then all of a sudden round the corner of my eye.....

To be continued....

No comments: