Friday, August 05, 2005

Appendix!

Went to visit me friend Harvie who just had her appendix taken out. Ouch!. Thought she would be lying in bed and grimacing in pain but to my surprise, I found her sitting up and yakking away with D, Mins and 2 other friends in the room.

Immediately, I felt a sense of relief as she seems to be her normal self, hence I popped in and join in the conversation. First thing I asked was, " Where's the appendix??!, Can I see it??"

To my disappointment, it was nowhere to be found in the room. Damm! But then again, maybe it's better that I dont see it coz I realise that I have not taken lunch. Whew!

As usual, flowers from friends and well wishers trickle into the room as we are yakking away and D suddenly explained why he did not bring any, although the thought did flash in his head to bring some. According to him, since he has never bought flowers for the W. He thought it would not be fair if he buys it for Harvie. What a guy eh!!

As for me, I just told her that by coming to see her, it's better than any flowers! Flowers cant entertain her as I do! Those cards with 1 to 2 lines in it can only sustain her attention for less than 1 minute while I, I can keep her entertained for hours if time and hospital rules permit!

"Fark the flowers!" I said. D asked if I meant it literally. I answeredNO! Think I nuts or what???? Siow!! (means crazy in Hokkien)

But if I do literally fark the flowers, I jolly well make sure there are no bees, wasps, kerengga or whatever shite there is that might take a bite at me!! Or else I will end up in the bed next to Harvie either grimacing in pain, or scratching a bad itch or high on morphine!!

Anyways, after Mins and her two other friends left, things kind of quietened down a little. And I noticed only then that Harvie grimaced in pain. Damm!! Hope it's not because of me making her laugh too much until her stitches burst!! But then again, cannot be, coz according to her, the Docs only made 2 keyhole incisions instead of cutting her up open like opening the hood of your car like that to remove the useless bugger of an appendix!!

No comments: